'Shocking discrimination' in mental health services

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:16 pm

'Shocking discrimination' in mental health services

NHS managers in England have been accused of "shocking discrimination" in commissioning mental health services.

The Mental Health Policy Group from the London School of Economics said three-quarters of people with depression or anxiety got no treatment.

The committee of senior academics and medical professionals described this as a "real scandal".

Care Services Minister Paul Burstow said mental health should be treated as seriously as physical health issues.

Read more on this at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18481943
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

louisd064

by louisd064 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:29 am

Re: 'Shocking discrimination' in mental health services

Most of the events that make the news are negative which can give people a negative outlook in general....... on thw whole more people in this world are good than bad but watching the news makes it seem like this is a horrible world we live in

innocent21

by innocent21 on Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:05 pm

Is that really discrimination or a scaremongering clickbait headline and just due to a postcode lottery?

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:06 am

Some news articles can make the world seem horrible, but I keep my mind away from that kind of thing. I don't need to read articles that are about a minority - I hope - situation. That isn't to say reporting events is not important - it is - BUT there is also good in the world and we need positive news stories, too.

Again, though, I don't disregard such an important post on here.

5 posts