Daughter has peanut allergy

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
ljacobs1987

by ljacobs1987 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Daughter has peanut allergy

Hi everyone. I'm going to ask this question one more time because I still am not getting the answers that I am looking for. I feel like maybe this section of the forum is more appropriate. So, here it goes! My daughter is living at Ohio State and she left home which is in Indy. I would be comfortable with this if it weren't for her severe peanut allergy. Of course, she has more than one epi-pen but if something were to happen she would need to go to the emergency room after the shot. I'm looking into those alert one necklaces and bracelets. I guess they work by calling 911 when you press a button. I saw a these personal alert systems but I need information on cost. I found a little at that website but I really need a review of the bracelets. Thank you so much. This would help me get some sleep at night with her away at school.

Jimbob

by Jimbob on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:05 am

Re: Daughter has peanut allergy

The medic alert bracelets are supposed to be very good. I know everybody reccomends them on another allergy site I go on.

Here is a linnk to the medic alert site http://www.medicalert.org/

I am looking at ordering one for my son. We are in the UK so I will obviously order from the UK site but it offers the same service.

Kelly x

2 posts