recurrent thrush problem

If you have questions about sexually transmitted infections then this is the forum to talk to our experts about your concerns.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
bluewhite12

by bluewhite12 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:28 am

recurrent thrush problem

I had a 6 month course of pessaries for recurrent thrush, only to have it come back a month after finishing treatment. After waiting two weeks for a blood sugar result which was normal, and a swab result to confirm thrush, I have been given another 6 months of pessaries once a week. My doctor was reluctant to treat my husband as he has no symptoms. I used my first pessary 3 days ago and have no relief of symptoms yet. How long do I leave it before going back to the doctors? Am I best of going to a GUM clinic? I am using pessaries rather than oral tablets because I am trying for a baby. I am also taking acidophilus probiotic and garlic capsules in the hope that something works. I am quite worried that 6 months of treatment did not work. Thankyou for your help.

Professor Sean Kehoe

by Professor Sean Kehoe on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:24 am

Re: recurrent thrush problem

Men can have thrush and not have symptoms - so I would suggest that you Doctor does treat your husband before trying anything else.
Professor Sean Kehoe
MA MD DCH FRCOG

2 posts