hay fever and rhinitis

Moderator: talkhealth

Hayfever Specific to the UK

Postby talkiebum on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:16 am

Whenever I go on holiday I do not suffer from Hayfever but when I am back in the UK I get quite bad symptoms. I have been to almost all of the continents and never get any problems.

Does this help to find exactly what I am allergic to? Can I get a specific tratment?

Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:06 am

Re: Hayfever Specific to the UK

Postby williamsmummy on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:42 pm

note what time of year your symptoms return, and then you can match it to for instance, tree pollen season and grass season depending on the month they spread pollen.

you can ask to be reffered for some immunotherapy if its available in your area, ask your gp if you can be reffered. however, you would have to be a severe case for this, that doesnt respond to normal treatment.

its possible that the pollen grains in other countries are slightly different, so your body may not recognise the changed protein strands and not react.

are you ok with fruit?
Sarah Chapman
Alex Curtis Trust
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest