Change apartment for dust mite allergy

Moderator: talkhealth

6 posts
pranayw33

by pranayw33 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:04 am

Change apartment for dust mite allergy

Hello All,
I am suffering from allergy from last one month. I live in Houston which is know for allergies.
I recently moved to apartment 3-4 months back and I got allergy a month back. I am suspecting mostly it’s dust mite allergy. My lease is about to end in 15 days. Will moving to new apartment eliminate dust mite allergy ? Thanks!

Carrie Wltz

by Carrie Wltz on Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:33 am

Re: Change apartment for dust mite allergy

I doubt, unless you're living near the road where amount of dust worsen you allegy.
How often do you dust and mop?
And how dry the air in the apartment?

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:47 am

Control dust mites. Keep surfaces in your home clean and uncluttered. ...
Vacuum once or twice a week. Vacuuming helps keep allergens low.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:48 am

I agree with these posts. You have to make sure you hoover and dust regularly. You also need to air out your apartment daily.

Your allergies could very well be to do with dust mites and the suchlike in your home. The only way to deal with it is to clean: and thoroughly.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:55 am

On the off chance that you're full up, sniffle, or get irritated eyes all from the solace of your home, you might have an indoor sensitivity. It's set off by things like pet dander, dust vermin, shape spores, and cockroaches. A few indications: All year side effects

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:56 am

MissCandyGirl wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:48 am
I agree with these posts. You have to make sure you hoover and dust regularly. You also need to air out your apartment daily.

Your allergies could very well be to do with dust mites and the suchlike in your home. The only way to deal with it is to clean: and thoroughly.
Just to echo my post.

If you're allergic to anything in your home you must thoroughly dust and take out the rubbish & recycling regularly. Be sure too that you don't have uncontrollable bugs in your home. If you do, get the professionals in to remove them. But do also work to prevent insects coming into your home in the first place. Do this by not having piles of rubbish or having dirt and mess that attract bugs.

In the case of mold: you can help reduce it by using a dehumidifier after your daily shower. Also air out your home regularly. Use a proper mold-spray remover regularly, too. Washing up liquid alone is not enough: a proper mold prevention spray is vital. Your local supermarket will sell them.

I do hope I've helped anyone with these issues.

6 posts