Chronic Rhinitis

Moderator: talkhealth

25 posts
RosyHannah

by RosyHannah on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:20 pm

Re: Chronic Rhinitis

All,

I am including the link to our allergy information pages - do have a look and see if you find anything which may be helpful. http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/talkallergy/

Keep in touch,

Rosy

Tekna123

by Tekna123 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:14 am

My current antihistamine does not ease my allergies. Is taking a higher dosage of antihistamine a good idea?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:09 pm

Hi Tekna123

Thank you for your post. We wouldn't recommend changing your prescribed level of antihistamine without consulting with your doctor first.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

KennethMitchell

by KennethMitchell on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:19 am

I m discovering that this winter is annoying my rhinitis a lot. Does any one trust it is the nippy atmosphere? Or alternatively is this random occasion? Close time is without doubt unpleasant for me. I am nasally to the point that I are not able to avert wheezing which is making my accent crazy.

celinedavid

by celinedavid on Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:50 pm

My son and I both suffer from chronic rhinitis. He had his ige test last year and the test results show that he's allergic to dust, pet dander, dust mites, pollen, cockroach, insecticides, and lots of other things like seafood, cacao, gluten etc. It's tough living with allergies!

At first, what helped us were the allergy medications (antihistamine and corticosteroid). But in the long run, it was really avoiding the triggers. I got rid of carpets and stuffed animals. Anything furry and anything that tend to accumulate dirt like books in the room. I got rid of all of them. I clean rooms regularly. I reduced airborne dust by using an air purifier. Increased allergy symptoms is one of the reasons to invest in an air purifier.

A humidifier also helped during those days when the air was really dry. Dry climates tend to worsen rhinitis and cold symptoms.
Last edited by talkhealth on Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed

25 posts