Trying to conceive

If you have questions about pregnancy, conception and fertility, please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
nefertari26

by nefertari26 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:06 pm

Trying to conceive

Hi

I am 25 and my partner is 38. We have been trying to conceive for about 1 and a half years now with no success. I understand that i am still young but the females in my family all seem to have gynecology problems with one aunt unable to conceive at all.

My partner has 3 children from a previous relationship which makes it all the harder for me as I feel that there must be something physically wrong with me why we are not conceiving. We are both healthy and take numerous vitamins, eat healthy, very rarely drink and don't smoke. I am very worried and I am starting to get really depressed, I get very upset to the point of breaking down in tears every month when I have my period. Its becoming very stressful which I know doesn't help with trying to conceive. I am scared to go to my GP in fear that they will tell me something is wrong.

Can you please give me some advice as to whether i should keep trying or make that appointment.

Thank you

Dr Amanda Tristram

by Dr Amanda Tristram on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Trying to conceive

Worrying about this will certainly not be helping. Your doctor can organise some tests to try to find out why you are not getting pregnant. If they do not find anything wrong, then this will reassure you. If they do find a cause for why you are not getting pregnant, then this will be the first step in doing something about it. So, yes, you should definitely make that appointment.
Dr Amanda Tristram
Senior Lecturer in Gynaecological Oncology

2 posts