Salmonela Poisoning and foul anus smell

Please ask our experts your general 50+ health questions here or post specific questions in one of the sub-forums below.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Andoria123456

by Andoria123456 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:53 am

Salmonela Poisoning and foul anus smell

I had salmonella poisoning 2 years ago where i stayed in hospital for 4 days on drips. During this poisoning the feces which came out was all bloodied and had an extremely foul smell. Ever since this poisoning, my anus smell is still producing this foul smell from the bowel. I have tried everything from pro biotic medications , to hygienic wipes, using different body washes, laxatives, hemorrhoid creams etc, but nothing is helping this constant foul smell. This smell is there if i am constipated, having diarrhea or having normal bowel movements. Also when i have my period the smell gets much worse as the period blood makes it more foul.
I have changed my died to just vegetables and this doesnt help.

People in the office notice this foul smell as well, and it is getting extremely embarrassing when standing up from a chair as the smell is very strong when i sit down for long hours.
Could there still be some bacteria in my stomach or bowel and would there be some medication that i can take that is over the counter. I need some serious advice or help. Or something i can research on that might give me a clue as to what it may be.

I am at the age of 30 years old female, who also have endometriosis, I do smoke as well, but do not drink alcohol just coffee, but i drink plenty amounts of water.

Debbie Stuart

by Debbie Stuart on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: Salmonela Poisoning and foul anus smell

An unpleasant odour may be being caused by a number of things but often occurs as the result of an infection. As you have tried a number of self help remedies I would recommend that you speak to your GP who will be able to help you identify the cause of your problem and treat you appropriately.
Debbie Stuart
Chartered Physiotherapist

2 posts