Uterus mass

If you have questions relating to the menopause including hot flushes, hormone replacement therapy, sexual health, weight, arthritis etc please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
gracehouse1

by gracehouse1 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Uterus mass

I am 57 and had my last period approx. 2 years ago. I did not take HRT and have been fairly healthy, though overweight. I live in Cambodia where health facilities are limited.
Over the past 14 days I have had sharp pains in my right lower stomach/pelvic area, felt bloated, have wind, small appetite and aches in legs and small of back. Today I went to a local clinic who performed an ultra scan which showed a mass of 38 x 37 mm at fundus of uterus, which they suspect is a fibroid. I am not sure what to do now. There are no facilities in Cambodia I would be happy using for further investigation but do not know if it would be better to return to UK for tests :?

Debbie Stuart

by Debbie Stuart on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Uterus mass

You should expect to be reviewed by a Consultant Gynaecologist after an ultrasound scan with positive findings, particularly as you have been having symptoms. You should ask your local clinic if they are planning to refer you to a Consultant Gynaecologist for further investigation?
Debbie Stuart
Chartered Physiotherapist

2 posts