posative rast test result

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
nikJo

by nikJo on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:38 pm

posative rast test result

hi, I've known I've been allergic for a long time to latex, but the allergy has been getting worse, I'm now allergic to some latex protein containing foods. I finally managed to get a RAST test done and have been told over the phone this morning that its a moderate posative result. He wasn't able to tell me what this meant, I have to wait for a senior member of the ocupational health team to be on duty to advise me. I have tons of questions though..

1. Does this mean it is a definate diagnosis of a type 1 allergy? (I have all the symptoms)
2. Should I be wearing a medic alert bracelet?
3. My allergic reaction has never affected my breathing, but could it worsen?

I'm also worried now about my job,. I work on a hospital ward.. what if they now do a risk assessment and decide its not a safe place for me to be??? my minds whirling.. anyone enlighten me or reassure me :))

options

by options on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: posative rast test result

Really feel for you. My sister has an allergy to latex although it's quite mild compared to yours. How are you managing? Noticed there is a food allergy clinic going on this week on this site - I know it's about food allergy but there are experts answering patient questions - just wondered whether it might be worth you asking them any quesitons.

3 posts