Do these symptoms align with IBS??

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, TheHealthyGutClinic

3 posts
zoexanna

by zoexanna on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:18 am

Do these symptoms align with IBS??

About 7 years ago I started to occasionally wake up with extreme upper left abdominal pain that was immediately eased by a bowel movement. For reference, I'm 18 now. As the years have gone on, this pain has become more frequent and now is at the point where I'll have very bad pain attacks (often at night) that are only temporarily eased by bowel movements. When the pain is less intense I can generally treat it with gas-trapping fennel pills, but when I have a strong flare-up nothing seems to work and I'm often stuck with lingering pain for 5-7 days. I have frequent bowel movements and seem to have a constipation-diarrhea mix. I also have mild gallbladder sludge, for which I take Deursil, but I have been told this is unrelated to the upper left side pain. While all of these symptoms seem to align with IBS, I have read that the newest pain not relieved by bm, does not.

Does this sound like something else or is it indeed IBS? No doctor will give me a firm diagnosis, but only says "likely IBS" and then goes on a spiel about how IBS is not a completely diagnosable illness.

Thank you in advance, I feel at a loss and am hoping that people with IBS will be of more help than my doctors.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:55 pm

Re: Do these symptoms align with IBS??

Hi zoexanna

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear about the problems you have been experiencing. We have a free support programme called myIBS, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/ibs.php, which I hope you will find helpful.

Do let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

scilover

by scilover on Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Do these symptoms align with IBS??

Hi.. I think you should get it check. I dont think its IBS. IBS would be something like diarrhea and you can’t control your bowel movements.

3 posts