Joint pain

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, TheHealthyGutClinic

7 posts
looking for answers

by looking for answers on Tue May 28, 2013 11:44 pm

Joint pain

Looks like I am alone in here!!!

I have had pelvic problems for years (being mainly endometriosis, polycystic ovaries and infertility) and my endometriosis has been particularly troublesome. 4 years ago, I was operated on and they tried as best they could to separate my bowel from my womb.....not completely successful. Since then, I have been on the Pill to control the bleeds (I don't stop taking the tablets at all) which has improved my quality of life no end.

Fast forward to recently...I have been suffering from more and more pelvic pains/cramps,constant bouts of constipation and diarrhoea. I was referred to gyne and I described my symptoms. He instantly diagnosed IBS without a doubt and he has put me on pills to help with it (just last week).

Meanwhile I had been having horrendous joint pain in my hands (bit like growing pains when I was growing up). I have had 2 cortisone injections which have helped in the past but they are getting worse. In the morning my hands are so stiff as are my feet (I hobble around for 20 mins or so)....the pains in my hands are constant throughout the day. I have heard that one of the symptoms of IBS is joint pain but from what I can see, it is very rare. Does anyone else with IBS experience this and can I therefore assume that they are linked or am I just barking up the wrong tree??

I don't want to 'bore' my GP with mundane questions but this is really bugging me and I am fed up with the hand pain. I would really appreciate any constructive input. I know there is a 'clinic' in July but I was hoping for answers before then (even if it means bugging my GP about it).

Thank you in advance.
LFA x

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed May 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Re: Joint pain

Hello LFA and thank you for posting in our brand new IBS forum. We only added this forum a few days ago and it's gone live ahead of our brand new talkIBS health hub launching in a couple of weeks. Hopefully you will find this useful.

Also, in July we are running and NHS Choices online clinic on bladder, bowel and IBS and we will have a panel of medical experts available in a forum-based clinic - you will have the chance to ask our experts your questions which may well help you.

In the meantime, I hope our IBS forum gets busier soon so you can talk to others with IBS. In the meantime, thank you for taking the time to join talkhealth and post in this forum.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

sindy2002

by sindy2002 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:59 am

I thought I was going mad. Before my IBS flares up find that my feet hurt so much that I cannot even place them on the floor, this happens for a few hours and then I get the IBS FLare up , as soon as flare up settles I can walk again so this must be a common problem but not one that I associated with Bowel/bladder problems. I also find that as soon I get IBS flare up I also get a urine infection and this really is a nightmare :cry:

I spent all of last night in the hot bath searching for answers on the web on how to get comfortable. if anyone out there has any advise please please tell me, I cannot believe that there is nothing to take away this excruciating pain and so debilitating and no where to go to for help

lukibird

by lukibird on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:40 am

IBS can be linked to fibro which can cause the joint problems, particularly in the morning. Not saying this is what you have but it may be something to speak to your doctor about

kurkure7

by kurkure7 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:27 pm

The meantime, I hope our IBS forum gets busier soon so you can talk to others with IBS. In the meantime, thank you for taking the time to join talkhealth and post in this forum.
Smile PleazZZZzzzZZZzzzz……

Denise08

by Denise08 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:25 am

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS, or spastic colon) is really annoying and irritating. It is accompanied by abdominal pain, bloating and alteration of bowel movements, which means sometimes constipation or diarrhea. Increase of diet rich in fiber reduces this syndrome. Exercise also helps control IBS. Ginger tea with lemon grass is good as I tried it. It regulates my bowel movement.

kellymac1

by kellymac1 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:49 pm

This really interests me .
My 9 year old son had a IBS flare up yesterday evening , really bad watery stools and explosive diorehha after Food
That morning he complained of knee pain. Just one knee. Crying when walking .
But it eased off as the day went on.
He’s mentioned joint pain to me in the past too.
I’m so sorry you are suffering so badly .
But would like to follow this thread if that’s ok, to see if you find any answers ?

7 posts