Severe Bloating

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, TheHealthyGutClinic

3 posts
Natasha1994

by Natasha1994 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:54 pm

Severe Bloating

I am an 18 year old girl, I suffer from IBS as well as bulimia and depression.

I get severe bloating even if I have only had a very small amount of food, I abuse laxatives but I dont know if that will affect my IBS?

It is turning into a vicious cycle and getting me down, I get bloated, my depression gets worse, I binge/purge more.

Does anyone have any answers for me? I would appreciate it alot, thank you.

MalalaArfa

by MalalaArfa on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:55 am

Re: Severe Bloating

Maybe I should have posted this in another section but I couldn't find the urinary problems. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? She has had many thrush tests and they are negative.
Last edited by MalalaArfa on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

danakerr

by danakerr on Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Re: Severe Bloating

IBS usually disturbs the normal function of the nervous system that may result to eating disorder like bulimia and will eventually result to stress. But sometimes, it is the stress that triggers all these. I am not sure if you have already consulted a doctor regarding this. But if you haven't yet, try paying attention to your diet. Avoid food and drinks that are known to irritate the gastrointestinal tract. Avoid fatty foods and carbonated drinks. Lastly, check the amount of your food intake. I suggest that you keep a journal of your meals so you know which kind of food that is most likely to trigger your IBS.

3 posts