itching and burning

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, TheHealthyGutClinic

1 post
marmaduke

by marmaduke on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:23 pm

itching and burning

Hello,
I am writing on behalf of my daughter who is 23. Just over 2 years ago she went to Glastonbury when it was extremely hot. She found it difficult to pass urine in the crowded toilets and tried to hold it in as long as possible. When she arrived home I was shocked as she had swelled up all over her body due to water retention. It was quite severe. Eventually she returned to normal but that is when her problems began. She had been diagnosed a year or two before with IBS and so I am wondering whether there is a link here. Ever since then she has suffered from burning and discomfort when she passes urine. Also she is prone to very distressing itching down below. This has made her life miserable for over two years and obviously makes her very depressed. She has had every test possible and all the gynaecologists say there is absolutely nothing wrong. She has also had kidney function and other blood tests. The only thing i can think might be the cause now is her IBS but how can this be so? She does sometimes have discharge from both her vagina and her bottom. Is the discharge affecting her other parts? I'm sorry this is a bit detailed but we are desperate for someone to throw some light on this and solve her problem as the doctors seem to have given up.
Maybe I should have posted this in another section but I couldn't find the urinary problems. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? She has had many thrush tests and they are negative.