IBS and other health conditions

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, TheHealthyGutClinic

2 posts
ClaireNatalie

by ClaireNatalie on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:17 am

IBS and other health conditions

I have been diagnosed with IBS quite recently (just over a year ago) and was put on medication straight away as the symptoms were so bad - currently taking 4-6 tablets per day depending on how bad I am.
I have suffered with stomach problems for years, which also requires medication - namely my stomach acid is too strong and irritates the lining of my stomach.

So to put it bluntly, the whole of my digestive system doesn't work well!
Just looking to see if anyone else suffers with their stomach as well as their IBS, as sometimes, I'm not sure whether it's my stomach or my IBS that is flaring up/making me poorly.

Thanks x

danakerr

by danakerr on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:40 am

Re: IBS and other health conditions

There are some natural remedies that may help. First, eat fiber-rich food like apple and grapefruit. Second, eat small meals only, and lastly, avoid stress. The last one maybe a little harder to do especially if you are working. However, since it is one of the major causes of IBS, you really need to something about it. If you cannot avoid it, at least learn how to manage stress..

2 posts