Ibs symptoms is it normal feeling this way ?

Moderators: talkhealth, TheHealthyGutClinic

3 posts
Andrew arnold

by Andrew arnold on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:24 pm

Ibs symptoms is it normal feeling this way ?

I have always been a nervous sort of person that worries about every little thing going, had a delicate stomach since childhood. We are off on holiday to italy tomorrow by plane & as normal for the past 3 or 4 weeks I have started with what has now been diagnosed yesterday as IBS. Horrid stomach cramps, feeling of dread that I won't make it on holiday & letting all the family & grandkids down, general fear of every little thing going wrong, it happens every time I am stressed, neck & shoulder cramps, tight aching cramping stomach, lower back pain etc etc etc, been given buscopan & took 2 but no real comfort yet, also on omeprazole 20mg 1.25 mgs of bisoprolol for AF, just need reassuring by other people going through this, really feel in a bad way, all help greatly appreciated.
Thanks.......Andrew.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Ibs symptoms is it normal feeling this way ?

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the talkhealth forums.

We are sorry to hear about the problems you are having. IBS can be a very difficult condition to manage, but if your GP hasn't advised you against going on your holiday then it should be fine. IBS can be managed and we actually have a support programme coming out shortly for IBS, which you can find here: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/ibs.php

In the meantime, do enjoy your holiday, and let us know how you get on.

Thanks,
The talkhealth Team
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Andrew arnold

by Andrew arnold on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Ibs symptoms is it normal feeling this way ?

Thank you very much for your kind reply, I will definitely be going on holiday, it's not an option to cancel it however anxious I am feeling right now, I will let you know how it was for sure.
Andrew.

3 posts