Does this sound like IBS?

Moderators: talkhealth, TheHealthyGutClinic

3 posts
thattergirl

by thattergirl on Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:33 pm

Does this sound like IBS?

I’m 37, mother to two young boys. I’ve been noticing a change in bowel habits over the past 3 months. I go more than I did and now each morning my stools are loose and in the evening I have constipation with bloating.

I’m having a colonoscopy as I’ve had blood three times too (I believe from a cut as it stung). I’m worrying so much that it’s bowel cancer.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:11 am

Re: Does this sound like IBS?

Hi thattergirl,

Thank you for your post. Please try not to think the worst as the stress could aggravate your symptoms since our gut and brain are so linked. At least you are having a colonoscopy which will hopefully unearth the reason for the change in your bowels. There are many reasons for a change in bowels including bleeding which include; stress, straining because of constipation, lack of fibre, food intolerances, bowel disease such as colitis (which can be treated) and internal hemorrhoids. The stress of Covid and lockdown are probably not helping. When is your colonoscopy? Do let us know how you get on and please try not to worry. :)

Have you seen out FREE IBS support programme?

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/support/ibs

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:48 pm

Re: Does this sound like IBS?

Hyperactive gut sounds with gas include: IBS: While muddled, gastroenterologists recommend that individuals with IBS have a reduced capacity to ship gas through their GI parcel successfully. This, hence, makes an inordinate development of gas and expanded stomach sounds.

3 posts