Help wanted to deal with "IBS"

Moderators: talkhealth, TheHealthyGutClinic

5 posts
duncs2702

by duncs2702 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:59 pm

Help wanted to deal with "IBS"

Hi

I have suffered with chronic constipation since childhood. In recent years I have experienced pain daily in my stomach. At times it is so severe I cannot move.

Recently I was referred to gastroenterologist who diagnosed me with IBS after negative results to celiac disease which I have every symptom off. I was given an endoscopy but my bowels were not checked. I believe my pain is bowel related. I find on a daily basis I have to self evacuate as my stools get stuck in my rectum. I take docusate sodium daily and although it does seem to move my bowels quicker I get no pain relief.

What I am looking for advice with is should I accept this diagnoses or persuade my GP to refer me back for further investigation? I also suffer from depression and dealing with this pain n a daily basis makes this worse.

RosyHannah

by RosyHannah on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: Help wanted to deal with "IBS"

First of all I want to say welcome to talkhealth and thank you for posting in our forum.

I am sad to see that you really do seem to be suffering at the moment - with regards to your diagnosis of IBS I would say it is probably best to speak to your GP if you are not convinced. It is better to trust your instincts if you feel you are not getting any relief from advice which has been given. Living with chronic pain and a condition such as constipation will make your depression harder to manage. Can I ask whether you have discussed this with your doctor? I feel this would be a very important subject of discussion in the near future. Also do not be afraid to ask your doctor about all options available to you with regards to controlling your condition, for example medication, complementary therapies, diet, exercise etc. They are there to help and advise you as best they can.

In the meantime do have a look around the website - we have general information on IBS which may be useful:
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/talkibs/

We also have information and advice on depression:
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/ta ... atment.php

You may also wish to browse through our IBS blog, where there is first hand information and advice from experts which may offer you some relief:
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... drome-ibs/

Please do pop back and let us know how you are getting on - it is important to us.

Rosy

Rejuvem.Juan

by Rejuvem.Juan on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:57 pm

After reading this article on the NYT, I tried several Peppermint Gels, and I found one that worked for me, it's called Vitabase Peppermint Gels.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unauthorised URL - see forum rules

Jackpm11

by Jackpm11 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:34 am

Hi,
Welcome to this forum site, here u can find lots of things; I suggest u for your problem you have to contact your friends. I am not able to give u answer right now, sorry for that.
……………………………………….

5 posts