Constant diarrhoea

Moderators: talkhealth, TheHealthyGutClinic

6 posts
trisyork

by trisyork on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:32 am

Constant diarrhoea

Hi. I have been confirmed with ibs and have diarrhoea constantly and occurs very suddenly. I also get bad cramps in my stomach almost everyday. I have quite a stressful job and often have anxiety linked to this. Is there anything other than anti depressants I can take or do to help? I've tried food diaries but can't find a common link other than spicy foods which I cut out. I also don't eat regular at work and often eat standing up on the go.
Thanks

RobbieUK

by RobbieUK on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:18 pm

Re: Constant diarrhoea

I too have constant diarrhoea and have suffered for many years and more recently I have lost control over holding it inside me. I read about Peristeen, first of all the plugs, I was going on holiday and this filled me with dread, so I thought that the plugs would be the answer as they could be left in place for 24 hrs, my GP would not prescribe them but referred me to the local Bowel and Bladder Clinic were they readily gave my instruction on using them and a small supply, I now can get these on prescription, I have to say that I do not feel in control of my bowels even when using this product but have had no accidents whilst using them. The Bowel Clinic have now recommended that I try Anal Irrigation, this I have been doing for four weeks now, I thought after watching the DVD on how to use the system that it would be ideal but I have had some minor set backs with it. I will continue to use the Peristeen Irrigation system as I feel the initial problems I have could be sorted as I receive advice and encouragement from my Nurse. Fingers crossed that the bowel problems that I have had for many years will get sorted

DrRajeshshah

by DrRajeshshah on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:11 am

Hi,

Large meals can cause cramping and diarrhea in people with IBS. Symptoms may be eased if you eat smaller meals more often or just eat smaller portions.
This should help, especially if your meals are low in fat and high in carbohydrates such as pasta, rice, whole-grain breads and cereals, fruits, and vegetables.

Wishing you a long lasting recovery!
Warm Regards,

Dr Rajesh Shah,
MD (Homoeopathy)
Last edited by admin on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Company name removed - advertising not permitted in these forums

RobbieUK

by RobbieUK on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:50 am

I have never been diagnosed with IBS

Robbie

6 posts