Sore penis

You can ask our experts questions here that don't fall into one of the categories below.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
simon3737

by simon3737 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Sore penis

I have had a sore penis for over a year now, I have been to the doctor's on numerours occasions about this problem, but do not seem to be getting anywhere. I have been on a low dose of antibotics for my acne and the doctors wondered whether it could of been balanitis, as it was getting red on the head of the penis and around the foreskin. I have had numerous anti fungal creams, I have been trying E45 cream and was given Aqueous cream from the GUM clinic. Oh and I have been tested for candidia. Problem is every time I have sex or masterbate it just agrivates it and makes the foreskin red and sore and it stings. The main problem seems to be around the foreskin area at the moment. Any advice would be greatly received as its getting me down now. Thanks! 8-)

Dr Hilary Jones

by Dr Hilary Jones on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Sore penis

A sore itchy foreskin is not at all uncommon and may be the result of tightness and mechanical irritation of the skin or bacterial or fungal infection (thrush) which can easily arise. The. GUM clinic didn't comment on any tightness and have only treated you for thrush. Aqueous cream is simply a soap alternative and moisturiser. You might well benefit from an antibacterial ointment combined with dilute hydrocortisone and I think you should try this next. Your GP can prescribe it on the NHS.
Dr Hilary Jones

2 posts