A pain in the behind

Our experts can help and will answer your questions about bowel problems here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Sarah12

by Sarah12 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:48 pm

A pain in the behind

I have been having a constant dragging feeling in the area between my vagina and anus.This area aches when I need to pass a motion.During passing a motion it feels as though this area is being pulled and it is like the area is too tight to let the motion through,particularly the anus and sometimes it feels as though it could tear.Sometimes I get a gush of blood if it is a large motion,I'm guessing I burst a blood vessel.Sometimes I just get really sharp pain in my rectum and the dragging sometimes when I'm standing makes it feel like my innards will drop out.My L5/S1 disc presses on nerves and my womb tilts backwards,never had kids.I use a steroid gel which helps a bit with the internal soreness but not with the pain.Without it my insides feel sore and irritated and I bleed a little.I don't get constipated.
Will I always be dependent on the gel.What else would help?.

Dr Nick Read

by Dr Nick Read on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Re: A pain in the behind

From what you write, I would guess you have a weak pelvic floor related to the L5S1 disc protrusion. if that is the case, you have managed very well and its good you're not constipated. It is better if your motions are reasonably soft so you don't have to strain too much. Fybogel may help. Will you need to keep taking the steroid gel? Probably only if the area is sore and inflamed. I wonder if an appointment with a anorectal surgeon would help you explore options. .
Dr Nick Read
Gastroenterologist and Psychoanalytical Psychotherapist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... k_read.php

2 posts