Not sure whether this comes under bowel problem?

Our experts can help and will answer your questions about bowel problems here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
health76

by health76 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:34 am

Not sure whether this comes under bowel problem?

For about a month now, I have been suffering with really bad burning sensations after I have passed bowel movements, the burning last for for around five hours after going to the toilet and I also suffer from bad lower back pain which also last around several hours.

I currently don't have a doctor as I am living out of my home area and so have researched the internet and have found several likely causes - Anal Fissure or Haemorrhoids. I think in the past I have suffered with Haemorrhoids as have found blood in my stools, however, I don't think this problem is Haemorrhoids. My local Pharmacist prescribed Germoloids which have done nothing, I am finding this very scary and don't know what to do.

Can you please give me some advice :?: :?: :?:

Dr Anton Emmanuel

by Dr Anton Emmanuel on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:00 am

Re: Not sure whether this comes under bowel problem?

Thanks for the enquiry.

It would help to know where a bouts these sensations are present. If it is around your back passage, then it could be something like an anal fissure or haemorrhoids (the ointments are not guaranteed to remove symptoms). If the pain is in your abdomen, that would be different.

If there is any blood in the bowel motion that would be important, as would the presence of any lump at the bottom end. You really do need a health professional to examine you briefly.

Best wishes in getting help with this.

2 posts