Stomach cramps - day 4 and still here?

You can ask our experts questions here that don't fall into one of the categories below.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
mrbernz78

by mrbernz78 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:48 pm

Stomach cramps - day 4 and still here?

I have been suffering from stomach cramps for 4 days now (started Tuesday), and there are no signs of abating. The cramps come and go, at tomes 15 minutes to 30 minutes apart, and when they do come they are quote painful. When the cramps come my guts appear to knot and you can feel that as hard areas just a little to the right (and at times left) of my belly button.

I do feel nauseous at times, but don't really eat enough to throw up (surviving mainly on bread, rice soup, bananas and apples).

I went to my GP and have Appendicitis ruled out (which is great) and they believe it may be a mild case of Nora - and that it may take a few days to settle down. Is this true? It's been 4 days now and I don't feel as though I've made that much progress - is this normal?

Bernard

Dr Nick Read

by Dr Nick Read on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: Stomach cramps - day 4 and still here?

Time is often a great healer or will at least clarify the diagnosis. Your letter was written on Friday. Is it now getting better? If you had Noravirus, it should have done. If not after a week you need answers. I would want to know how old you are, whether you have had anything like this before, what was happening before/around the time it came on, whether you had any other symptoms apart from the pain and mild nausea, whether you are jaundiced or have passed blood. How are you feeling now? ,
Dr Nick Read
Gastroenterologist and Psychoanalytical Psychotherapist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... k_read.php

2 posts