what is wrong with my stomach

You can ask our experts questions here that don't fall into one of the categories below.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
lomankan

by lomankan on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:09 pm

what is wrong with my stomach

for about the last three/four weeks i have had this embarrassing rumble in my stomach and has been getting progressively worse, but i dont think its hunger rumble, as it happens after i eat, and the sound is a 'liquid' sound, its loud as well and very embarrassing, also my no.2 is more like diarrhea during the evening but in the mornings its perfectly fine. ive had the rumble once or twice this year but then disappeared didnt take notice, only these last three/four weeks have been every day getting worse and worse.
i went to my gp today but was told there were no cure for the noise and it would normally last 4-8 weeks. was given buscopan hyoscine butylbromide 10 mg tablets to ease the noise, but only just a half hour ago my stomach gave off that liquid rumble noise which was LOUD and lasted more than a few minutes. i cant see myself getting better from this as its only been getting worse, its also affecting my sleep as when i lay down on bed the noises come back and randomly as well. i havent vomited or lost weight.
i was told by gp to go back in three weeks, but this rumbling is not going away and only getting louder.

any idea what is wrong with me as this is getting fairly embarrassing as the sound is LOUD and embarrassing.

Dr Anton Emmanuel

by Dr Anton Emmanuel on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:46 am

Re: what is wrong with my stomach

Thanks for your enquiry.

It sounds as if this is an exacerbation of a problem that has been in the background for a little while. The loud noises and loose motions are probably related - suggestive of the fact that your gut is contracting in an un-coordinated or excessive fashion. This may be meal related, but the fact that it is occurring at night when you are sleeping is against that. So, if the loose motions in particular continue, then I would liaise with your GP again, who may want to do some tests having done the initial logical thing that has been recommended of trying a drug like hyoscine and recommending patience.

2 posts