[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/valhallasoftware/talkhealth/event/main_listener.php on line 137: Undefined offset: 0
talkhealth forums • should I see a specialist
Page 1 of 1

should I see a specialist

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:43 pm
by chimpeey
I was diagnosed has having fibro by my doctor a few years ago and he is very understanding about my symptoms but should I ask to see a specialist..........thankyou

Re: should I see a specialist

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:35 pm
by Wendy Green
Hi again Chimpeey,

If you feel that your GP doesn't have enough knowledge of fibromyalgia to be able to help you take control of your symptoms - or if the treatments he/she has offered you haven't brought you any relief - then you are within your rights to ask to be referred to a pain clinic; there you'll be able to see a specialist who should be able to offer suitable treatments.

While it's important to seek specialist help if you feel you need it, don't forget that making changes to your lifestyle - such as eating well, taking gentle exercise, pacing yourself and making time for relaxation - as well as possibly trying one or two of the supplements I mentioned in my response to your previous post - could also help you to manage your condition.

Good luck! :D

Re: should I see a specialist

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:45 pm
by chimpeey
Thanks again Wendy
:) chimpeey