Teen with Plaque

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Amber

by Amber on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Teen with Plaque

Hello, my name is Amber. I'm from Montreal, Quebec, Canada and I'm in the process of being diagnosed with P.S.

Since the age of 10 or 11, so for about 7-8 years [I'm turning 19 in July] I have watched something on my body grow from a little speck where my "cleavage" is to now almost completely spanning the cleavage area, the under side and curve of my breasts, down to my belly button in an almost triangular pattern. They have also started from the base of my stomach up towards my belly button in another almost triangular like fashion. As years passed, I noticed that some had were starting to appear in the general armpit area, trailing down along the side of my breasts and ending at the base-ish part of my rib cage.

My skin is light in color, I don't get much light having winter almost 5-6 months out of the year, so i rarely tan unless biking in the summer. The parts of my body that are covered in these dots, blotches, spots, ect, are hidden beneath my clothing and are not visible unless I'm wearing something that would show these little dots [which is never]. The dots, spots, blotches in question are apparent on my pale skin none the less and are an "orangey-tan" color [think "Jershey Shore" tan] and rough to the touch.

The ones covering the most part of my stomach are more rough and scaley. But they are not red and rarely itch. The ones on my armpits are extremely scaley and in a sense "peel" enough where i am able to pull off flakes of it. There also aren't read and rarely itch unless ive just shaved. It has come to my attention watching it grow over the years to wonder if it is P.S or something else, because I almost feel like it has spread where I used to sweat a lot. My theory is that as I was almost 300 pounds in high school, it would congulate where I sweat, why the triangular formation on my stomach when sitting and in the armpit area.

Having lost half the weight, and gained enough self-esteem and courage, I finally showed my mother [after 10 years of hiding it yes i know I should have done it sooner] and I later went to the clinic and later to a dermatologist. I'm waiting now but I want to know if this really is P.S or if it is some other dermatologic illness/disness, ect. If so what and how can i treat it.

Thank you.

KarenJones

by KarenJones on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:17 am

Re: Teen with Plaque

Hi Amber.....

It sounds like you've had a really difficult few years and I'm so pleased you eventually told your Mum. Hopefully the dermatologist will be able to confirm whether it's P.S. or not and help you find ways to manage it. Do keep us posted with how you're getting on. Good luck.
Karen Jones
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

2 posts