Does my child have CFS

Ask our experts all your paediatric medical questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

16 posts
miazulME

by miazulME on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:25 pm

Re: Does my child have CFS

talkhealth wrote:We run these clinics specifically for patients and people affected by health conditions to talk directly to medical professionals. We do recognise the value of advice from those with personal experiences and have a range of forums (separate to these clinics) where patients can freely talk to one another and share any knowledge and advice that they may have. These forums can be found using this link: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/forums/
For clarification then which of these specifically is the forum for ME?

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:31 pm

Currently there is no specific forum for ME. We do have a talkpain forum.

If there is a need for a talkME forum, we would be happy to consider creating one.
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

Dr Caroline Grayson

by Dr Caroline Grayson on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:47 pm

I think it may be helpful to seek a further opinion.
The data about prognosis I quote comes from the longitudinal studies from the Bath and Bristol service were 96% of children and young people were found to make a full or good recovery.
I note that there has been previous recommendations to consult the TYMES Trust and I want to clarify that the recommendations from this organisation do not follow NICE guidelines and I do not endorse their approach
Caroline Grayson
Dr Caroline Grayson
Consultant Paediatrician

onlyme2013

by onlyme2013 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:20 am

Dr Grayson, as it was suggested that I contact the TYMES Trust it would be helpful to me if you would expand on which of their recommendations you do not agree with?
I also asked for links to studies on effectiveness/outcomes of GET for children and would be grateful if you would provide some.

16 posts