Strange symptoms or not?

Please ask our experts your adult medical questions about ME/CFS here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
hippyangel

by hippyangel on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:26 pm

Strange symptoms or not?

When I'm fatigued, and often first thing in the morning, I have a pain in my left foot. It can be difficult to walk on. An MRI scan revealed nothing wrong with it. I get a small pain in my right hand too, but not so bad.

I have a horribly long day at work once a week, which I struggle with (8 - 5 pm). When I get home I always feel dreadful (fatigue usually starts to set in around 2 or 3 pm on an average sort of day). My head feels uncomfortable. Or rather my brain. It isn't a headache and it is hard to describe.

I can only put these symptoms down to ME, even though I have multiple illnesses (Endometriosis, Ucleratve Colitis and Spondylolistheses). It wouldn't make sense to relate to the others and they are more or less in remission.

Is this normal?

Dr Charles Shepherd

by Dr Charles Shepherd on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:43 am

Re: Strange symptoms or not?

I would not say that this is 'normal' in ME/CFS

But strange symptoms that are not easily explained are sometimes reported by people with this illness - and they do seem to be related to times when people are more fatigued, or stressed, or not getting a decent amount of uninterrupted solid sleep

It sounds as though the problem has been investigated and no clear medical explanation has been found

However, it should be mentioned to your doctor again if the symptoms becomes more severe or persistent

Your GP could refer you to a hospital based ME/CFS clinic for further advice - if appropriate

Full list of UK hospital based services for people with ME can be found on the MEA website:

http://www.meassociation.org.uk
Dr Charles Shepherd
MB BS, Honorary Medical Adviser, ME Association

hippyangel

by hippyangel on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: Strange symptoms or not?

Thank you for your reply.

I had GET therapy a year and my symptoms are much better than before, but nowhere near cured. These symptoms continue and are worse on my bad days. Odd.

3 posts