Why the forum name?

Please ask our experts your adult medical questions about ME/CFS here.

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
ithought

by ithought on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Why the forum name?

I am intrigued as to why its seen as appropriate to lump together a neurological condition with a rheumatic condition when discussing supporting treatments. ME and Fibromyalgia are very different illnesses and as such need different medical interventions.

ithought

by ithought on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Why the forum name?

So are you saying that the severe and disabling symptoms of ME, the bowel distortion, the environmental sensitivities, the often needing peg feeding are the same as for some one with fibro. They may appear the same In the early days or at the not very severe end but anyone who has witnesses the long term impact of severe ME would argue that they are very different illnesses and the fact that your clients can attend a clinic suggest to me your dealing with the mildly effected. What about those with Severe ME are you saying that severe ME is in practice the same as fibromyalgia ?

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:25 am

Re: Why the forum name?

The forum name was decided as a result of discussions with NHS Choices and the other clinic partners. We have broken the forum down into sub-forums so people can post in the most appropriate section and experts can answer according to their expertise. What's more important than the forum name is the ability for people affected by CFS or ME or Fibromyalgia to have this unique opportunity to talk to medical experts.

Thank you for taking part and asking questions about these health issues.
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

4 posts