Music Memory

Please ask our experts your adult medical questions about ME/CFS here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Housemouse

by Housemouse on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:00 pm

Music Memory

Hello,

i find that my congition/brain power/memory etc., wax and wane, I don't like it but I'm used to it and dont really dwell on it because it usually comes back in a day or two (taking 48 hours to recall) I am puzzled tho that although lots of things wax and wane (spelling, comprehension etc.,) music has never returned since I was at my worst and I would really like to know why not.

I used to play guitar (amaateur, and aslo paino - amateur although I did pass a few Acamady exams for piano- therefore proving to myself that I am not imagining it) I can find middle C on a keyboard but that's 'it' - I can't read music at all now.

Am puzzled why the ability has gone completely?

Soory, it's not exactly something 'important' or health effecting - just been a puzzle that i'd like to solve

Cristinaflake

by Cristinaflake on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: Music Memory

I completed six grades of piano at the music school, and I was able to play complex pieces.

Now I really struggle with the most basic reading and playing, it takes a huge effort and can´t seem to be able to concentrate in left hand, right hand and reading at the same time.

Same as you, puzzles me. I can only attribute it to a deterioration of working memory and attention.

2 posts