Psoriasis problems..

You can ask our expert panel your questions about psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
JamiesMummyX

by JamiesMummyX on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:03 am

Psoriasis problems..

Hi, I got a small patch of psoriasis last year on my heel and since January this year it started spreading slightly across my feet. The surface on the top of my foot, around my ankle and around 2inches up my leg is covered in, well, just raw skin now as I itch it far too much.

In the past 3 months it's now covering my hands, palms, soles of my feet too, ankle up to my knee, wrist, patches on my arms and my scalp - mortifying!

My doctor has given me antibiotics, different creams, itching tablets about 4/5 different kinds now and nothing is working. I've tried home remedies with no luck too.

The cuts on my feet are now making it hard for me to be able to walk/stand up without being in a great deal of pain - if it's dry the skin will flake and the cuts will split - if it's wet (from pus/blood) then it's a constant burning sensation - the latter one is easier to deal with currently.

My doctor won't do any allergy tests (for wheat, sugar ect) doesn't want to refer me for UV lighting treatment and I've another appointment on Thursday where I'm going to ask to see a dermatoligist but I don't hold much hope for that either.

Is there anything my doctor, HAS to do, to help me? I've seen 3 different GP's so far and all have been as rubbish as each other. I'm in huge amounts of pain daily - I'm only 22 with a 3 year old son, it's not exactly ideal for me when I can't run around. (nor anyone else!)

Do you have any advice at all? And is there anything he could give me that would drastically lessen the itching on my feet (the worst part).

2 posts