sudden bruising on legs

If you have questions about skin conditions other than those listed below, please create a new topic in this sub-forum and ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
siobhan92

by siobhan92 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:59 am

sudden bruising on legs

Can you help iv started getting sudden bruising on my legs I hadnt banged or injured myself some are big and some are small I have a blood circulation problem called rynoids syndrome if that could have anything to do with it I dont no what to do or who to help me could you many thanks

Dr Jonathan Bowling

by Dr Jonathan Bowling on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:56 am

Re: sudden bruising on legs

Dear Siobahn,

If you are getting new spontaneous bruising and have a history of 'Raynaud's phenomenon' you should visit your GP today to get a check up.

Spontaneous bruising can be caused by a number of conditions including infections, inflammation around the blood vessels, drug reactions or problems with blood clotting. Generally a few simple tests from your GP can help find out the cause, and exclude the more complex causes.

However, importantly, if you feel unwell, headaches, neck stiffness, photophobia or fever in association with new 'bruises' in the skin then you should seek urgent medical attention.

I hope this has been helpful

Dr Jonathan Bowling
Consultant Dermatologist
Oxford

www.mydermatologist.co.uk
Dr Jonathan Bowling FRCP
Consultant Dermatologist
Oxford

http://www.mydermatologist.co.uk
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... owling.php

siobhan92

by siobhan92 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:21 am

Re: sudden bruising on legs

Thank you dr johnathon bowling this has been a big help iv got an appointment to see my gp on monday could this be possibly pregnancy related as im 10days late no positive test yet though

3 posts