Skin condition

If you have questions about skin conditions other than those listed below, please create a new topic in this sub-forum and ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
gembells

by gembells on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:07 pm

Skin condition

Hello, my daughter has a strange mark in the shape of a line on her knee, it's raised and looks like little blisters but its dry. Sometimes when I touch it she says its sore. Have been to doctors and was prescribed a steroid cream which hasn't done anything. I was told to use it for 2 weeks and not to worry if it didn't work? I am concerned about it and would like to know what it is?

Dr Stephen Kownacki

by Dr Stephen Kownacki on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Re: Skin condition

We would need to know much more about your daughter's knee problem. How old is she, how long has she had this, has she any other skin problems now or in the past, and is there any family history before I could give a list of possible causes. If not settling and certainly if extending then return to your GP and recheck.
Dr Stephen Kownacki
MBBS LRCP MRCS MRCGP DRCOG

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/experts/dr_stephen_kownacki.php

gembells

by gembells on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: Skin condition

My daughter is 2, it has been there now for a couple of months but doesn't seem to be getting bigger or spreading, no she hasnt had any priblems before and we have no list of skin problems in the family

4 posts