I am a long term sufferer covering 90% of my body and face a

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
ebadger

by ebadger on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:16 pm

I am a long term sufferer covering 90% of my body and face a

Hi everyone,

I have been a sufferer for 14 years and have tried all treatments that have been recommended to me as you all know you will try anything that might help! Unfortunately nothing has really worked for me long term only a few short term fixes until 9 months ago when i was recommended some products from a company called Forever Living. They are Aloe vera and Beehive products which are natural immune balancers, antiinflammatory, antibacterial and natural antibiotic. I was sceptical but the independant distributor told me that the products came with a 60 day money back guarantee, which i was blown away by, so what did i have to lose? I am very happy to say that i am now completely clear and by still using these products on a daily basis the condition and symptoms are controlled. I hope i can help more people like me :D

Rick

by Rick on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: I am a long term sufferer covering 90% of my body and fa

I am male, 78 years old, take no medications other than my psoriasis topicals. Not having had a cold or flu in over 40 years my health is otherwise excellent. My psoriasis began in 1996 on my left knee, progressing to both knees, elbows, ankles, calves and scalp, and to a lesser degree on my hands along with very small, hardly noticeable lesions on my torso. Indeed, I am one of the more fortunate in that most of my body and face have been spared. Most aggravating was the redness and exceptional heavy flaking; my clothes, bed sheets and bathroom rugs were like a snow storm. Residing in Southern California, I live in shorts and t-shirts so my appearance was quite disturbing, but at my age I’ve got lotsa wrinkles and creases as it is, my wife ignores it, so who cares? With an abhorrence of medications, I decided against any type of intravenous treatment due possible side effects, electing to tough it out with topical applications. For almost two years my condition finally appears under control. While the lesions are still visible on the elbows and left knee only, they are significantly lessened and all other areas are clear. My medications: [1] Clobetasol Propionate, 0.05% cream for the skin, and [2] Dermazinc spray compounded with Clobetasol for the scalp. Clobetasol is a strong steroid and as such should not be applied for more than two weeks so my dermatologist advised me to “phase” the treatment: [A] For two weeks I apply the meds twice daily. The third week I apply every other day. [C] For the next two weeks, no applications, applying Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion to keep the areas soft. [D] When practical, expose the areas to direct sunlight for not more than 15 minutes a day. Personally, because the immune system is such a strange and mysterious function, I’m not sure whether the medications are keeping my condition at bay or if it has just simply regressed temporarily as it is apt to do. I just keep hoping.

2 posts