I am a long time sufferer - have found something good to use

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
clairedwards

by clairedwards on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:27 am

I am a long time sufferer - have found something good to use

I thought i'd just share what i found out. Very different. I was getting desperate as the psoriasis has spread to my face which is very sore, itchy and more embarrassing. I went on the web to see what natural products were good for the face as my face is starting to thin with mild steriods and the normal creams are just doing nothing. There was several articles on mayonnaise! Aparantly you put this on your face for 20mins then wash off gently with warm water. I got to admit, took me a while to try. I got my mayo out the fridge and applies thinly all over my face, then sat down for 20 mins trying to ignore the smell and realisation of what i'd actually done. It was quite tingly on my face, not sore but a little itchy. after 20 mins I washed off with a soft flannel in warm water at patted dry. My face was lovely and soft. When I woke up in the morning the redness on my face had almost gone! I now do this every 3 days or when I have the time. I have not used my steroid cream now for 2 weeks which is unbelievable as I have treated my skin normally for 22 years and this is the first time my face is benefitting for longer with something that isnt going to thin my skin.

Has anyone else ever heard or tried this - and is it working for you? I know every treatment is different for everyone but this is free and in your fridge - i'd say worth a try for week for 2 and see.

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: I am a long time sufferer - have found something good to use

I've never heard of this - but hey, if it works don't knock it! Let us know how you get on!! Deborah.
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

matthoulison

by matthoulison on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:15 pm

hey i am a long time suffer as well. what type of mayo did you use? anything to get it off my face would be great.

Justine

by Justine on Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:33 am

This is really weird. Could it be the "moisturizing" effect of mayo? All this extensive washing with body lotions and shampoos de-greases the skin and makes it vulnerable to diseases the British dermatologists recently proved to be true. The herbal cream from http://www.champori.com I am using is also greasy is hell but it works incredibly well for me.

mark1

by mark1 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:12 pm

glad the mayao is working,as a long time sufferer i have like many others tried all sorts,for the past month i have been using sudocrem with great results. if the effect it has carries on who nows maybe swimming in public may be on the cards during the summer

5 posts