This worked and I contacted Dr. Gupta from CNN

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
RobinMoniz

by RobinMoniz on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:32 pm

This worked and I contacted Dr. Gupta from CNN

I wrote a letter to Dr. Gupta from CNN with regards to my experience, alas I received no reply from him. My experience was so profound that I decided that I would search out a forum after not receiving a reply from him - to share my story... because I know exactly what it feels like to suffer with psoriasis my whole life, and if it made 100% of my plaque psoriasis disappear and not return than maybe it can work for someone else.

Here is the letter that I wrote to Dr. Gupta:

Dear Dr. Gupta,

I am a 40 yr old Canadian married female with 5 children (2 biological, 3 adopted).
I have not been blessed in the health department unfortunately. I can provide a medical history and list of meds if you like.

I am writing to you in reference to the story I read recently about the findings about Metformin and its benefits in preventing cancer. I was diagnosed with Type2 diabetes 03/11 and was put on Metformin and Diamicron. Initially I was on 1500mg of Metformin daily and 30mg of Diamicron, but due to taking some control of my weight and losing 50 lbs, I was able to cut back my Metformin to 500mg/daily.

Anyhow, I didn't make the connection until I read the story about the Metformin and I know this may be a stretch. I know psoriasis is not cancer but the general premise is the same with the rapid growth and changing of cells... well since I started the Metformin about 98% of my psoriasis has disappeared and NOT returned!

I know you're going to say that psoriasis has bouts of remissions; I’ve had psoriasis since I was 16 and I have been through remissions but nothing like this. It has completely disappeared without a trace and not returned. As I stated approx 98% of it disappeared. I still have mild psoriasis inside of my ear canals and nails, but all my body plaque psoriasis is gone.

If the Metformin is even possibly the cause for this, it should be investigated. People with psoriasis go through so much suffering… Mentally, emotionally, physically. Rollercoaster’s of hope and disappointment. As I am sure you know, every single lotion and potion out there for psoriasis does not work for everyone, and even if it does work... its only for a short time, the psoriasis becomes immune to it and stops working. Not to mention the cost of these creams, lotions and potions! I was once given a prescription for a $1000 cream (a months’ supply) - I said to the Doctor - are you insane??

Many of us with psoriasis have long given up on the medical community and prescriptions because we know that psoriasis has a mind of its own and the meds may or may not work, and if they do its short lived anyway so why bother?

Please contact me; I would love to discuss this with you further.

Robin Moniz

I would love to speak with someone in the medical community about this. Also would be interested to hear if there are other people out there with a similar experience?

my email address is robinmoniz@rogers.com