Home treatments for psoriasis

Moderator: talkhealth

14 posts
anon_111

by anon_111 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:05 am

Home treatments for psoriasis

I am 19 and have had psoriasis since May last year. It has been horrible as I am at an age where I want to wear shorts and short dresses but for nearly a year now I haven't been able to. I have been prescribed 8 different steroid creams but they never fully got rid of it and some were incredible thick and greasy and just felt horrid! In summer it went as I went on many holidays however sun does not seem to be the best solution when you live in England!

I have guttate psoriasis and therefore had my tonsils taken out at Christmas- if anyone has this form of psoriasis I really recommend it! It was the worst week I have ever experienced but well worth it. As well as this operation I am now in the process of light treatment which is getting rid of it however I have also been using other methods and thought I would share them here as my psoriasis has practically disappeared!

Coconut oil- I cover my body in this once a day and I have not had any 'plaques' since I have used it (I bought this from holland and barretts, though it was quite expensive- £15 for a tub but it was buy one get one free to worth it!) I also use the coconut oil as a substitute for olive oil in cooking.
Vitamin D and Fish oil tablets- These may not be having much of an affect but I have also been taking these for around a month now.

Another thing that I read online is that dead sea salts are incredibly good for psoriasis (bought a 1kg bag from amazon for £5) and they will be arriving tomorrow so will see what affect they have. You can use them as a bath salt however as I am at university I am unable to do that and so I am going to soak a bandage in warm water and the salt and wrap it round my affected areas and also combine it with the coconut oil to make an exfoliating scrub! They have had very good reviews and seem to be very popular with psoriasis sufferers.

This may not be of much help but I know that when I looked on forums and found out about all of these different remedies I was incredibly keen to try them and now that my psoriasis is barely visible I thought it would be a nice idea to post with suggestions,

Good luck!

Ron Moore

by Ron Moore on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:34 pm

Re: Home treatments for psoriasis

One cup oatmeal in pint jar full of water. Cover with dark cloth and allow air in jar to begin fermentation. Apply fermented water to itching area. Itching increases for a few minutes and then stops completely. Ended years of misery.

shashank16997

by shashank16997 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:32 am

Apple cider vinegar is the most effective home remedy for psoriasis as it contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. ACV is known for its highly efficient nature of acne and hair loss, but it is a perfect solution for scaling skin and dry patches.

Prepare a mixture by adding 15-20 drop of apple cider vinegar in 1 tbsp of lukewarm water.
Apply this mixture directly to the affected area.
Keep the syrup in your affected area for 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
Repeat this natural psoriasis treatment twice a day.
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed per our terms & conditions

HerbertSwa

by HerbertSwa on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:30 am

Take a notice that before choosing any medications to treat psoriasis you'd better be aware what exactly it is. The best way is to consult with a doctor.

Because your case may be a unique. Luckily, here are countless natural remedies or medication for psoriasis that you can look into. So, firstly, make sure what you are treating and then choose a remedy!
P.S: Coconut oil for psoriasis, which is an essential oil, has proven to truly work magic for the skin.

ankita23

by ankita23 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:38 am

I have had a similar experience and I know how you feel about it. I was scared to take medicines because of the side effects. I was forced to take them because I used to be embarrassed to go out with people because of the patches. I researched a lot for psoriasis treatment and tried all possible remedies. Well, home remedies take time but they are helpful and there are no side effects. Here are some remedies which I will advice you to try:-
1) Prevent Dry Skin - Use moisturizers
2) Eat Healthily - Follow a strict diet especially for psoriasis
3) Soak your body- Lukewarm bath with olive oil or milk
4) Avoid Alcohol - I understand you are just 19. People like to party a lot.
5) Avoid Fragrances - Most of them have dye and chemicals that can irritate your skin
Follow these tips regularly. Psoriasis is not a curable disease though. But you can reduce it as much as you can. Apart from these remedies, I tried homeopathic treatment, it really helped me and today I barely have any patches. Combination of home remedies and homeopathy treatment helped me deal with my problem faster.
All the best !!!!
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: URL removed and edited to read smoothly

arvbuttar

by arvbuttar on Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:27 am

Hi,
Great and useful information to treat psoriasis at home.
Thanks

emmastone686

by emmastone686 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:34 am

If You Are Suffering from Skin Disorders or Psoriasis, the Solution Is What Matters Most, and You Are Chasing for That. Try Applying These Herbal Remedies for Herbs for Psoriasis and See Which Give the Most Exceptional Results. https://howtocure.com/herbs-for-psoriasis/

trendhealth

by trendhealth on Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:44 am

Great and useful information to treat psoriasis at home. :D

Getupwilly

by Getupwilly on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:19 pm

I can recommend collodial silver for psoriasis. There's something called silver cream, which should be very good. I have only experience to spray unsplit silver water on the beginning psoriasis. But I've heard a lot of people who lost their psoriasis with collodial silver cream. Otherwise, you can use colloidal silver for a lot, it's 10 ppm. IonSilver sells this and their products are of high quality, please read more on their website:

Good luck :)
[url]www.getupwilly.com/[/url]

MawMawHugs3

by MawMawHugs3 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:07 pm

Thank you for the information

14 posts