HPV like Symptoms

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
JinaaLee

by JinaaLee on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:32 pm

HPV like Symptoms

Hello! Im a teenage girl who has not had sex yet or has been sexually active. Today i noticed that my vagina opening is slightly pink/white and you can't actually see the opening very well since it has wart like skin growing there. I have already had both of my HPV vaccines so i dont think it could be that although the description is similar. What could i possible be?

Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG

by Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: HPV like Symptoms

Its unlikely to be HPV as you say, but the appearance could just be normal... genital skin varies a lot, perhaps ask a supportive female GP or nurse to have a look and reassure you.
Mr Hugh Byrne
Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
St Georges Hospital

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/experts/mr_hugh_byrne.php

nencymark

by nencymark on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:08 am

Hello, I am a homeopathic doctor and have seen this before. It is very rarely diagnosed but it DOES happen.
You can be a virgin and still get genital warts, oral warts, any warts. Of course, sexual activity is the most common way to transmit the virus, but don't think it's the only way!
Please note that there are over 100 strains of HPV viruses and there is a good chance for all of us to catch one. Yours could have been something congenital or even self inflicted if the wart virus was on your hands and you touched yourself. There are chances that you may be misdiagnosed, in this case, it is advisable to get a second opinion by some other doctor.

445puera

by 445puera on Mon May 21, 2018 8:43 am

nencymark wrote:Hello, I am a homeopathic doctor and have seen this before. It is very rarely diagnosed but it DOES happen.
You can be a virgin and still get genital warts, oral warts, any warts. Of course, sexual activity is the most common way to transmit the virus, but don't think it's the only way!
Please note that there are over 100 strains of HPV viruses and there is a good chance for all of us to catch one. Yours could have been something congenital or even self inflicted if the wart virus was on your hands and you touched yourself. There are chances that you may be misdiagnosed, in this case, it is advisable to get a second opinion by some other doctor.
this is so true my sister is 11 had no sex'i think so' and had the same issue

synthia100

by synthia100 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:48 pm

JinaaLee wrote:Hello! Im a teenage girl who has not had sex yet or has been sexually active. Today i noticed that my vagina opening is slightly pink/white and you can't actually see the opening very well since it has wart like skin growing there. I have already had both of my HPV vaccines so i dont think it could be that although the description is similar. What could i possible be?

Maybe it is a yeast infection (candidosa)? As for hpv - remember that varieties of hpv is really a lot and not for each one is vaccine , will be better if u go to doctor !

5 posts