Weight management products/medication

If you have any questions that have not been covered by the subjects below please post them here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Gary Turner

by Gary Turner on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:39 am

Re: Weight management products/medication

I wouldn't touch any weight loss products or weight loss medication with a barge pole.

I regularly approach such manufacturers and ask them for the evidence and efficiacy of their products. It is a sorry tale to tell. In respect to the multi-level marketing replacement shake businesses I have spoken with the Managing Directors and Heads of Product Development for leading companies quizzing them on effiency. My conclusions from these talks is that there is no reason to take these products apart from making other people money.

Yes, taking shakes can put you in a calorie deficit and lose weight - short term. Yet please see my post on yo-yo dieting - the odds are on that you will gain more weight than you've lost.

There are no short cuts.

If you look to eat natural whole foods, properly prepared, only when you are hungry, and carry out natural movements and exercise then you won't go far wrong in losing your weight - and keeping it off.
Gary Turner
Advisor to British Army School of Physical Training, World Champion Elite Sportsman

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... turner.php

2 posts