Adults with asthma

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

12 posts
sabulba

by sabulba on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:34 am

Re: Adults with asthma

Asthma is a serious disease and the symptoms of asthma include- feeling short of breath, frequent coughing (mostly in nights), difficulty in breathing, chest tightness and wheezing.

A doctor may diagnose adult-onset asthma by following some steps like-
Take a medical history, asking about the symptoms and after that listen to your breath. Doctor will perform lung function test using spirometer to find out the exact volume you can exhale. This test has done by processing some steps which includes deep breathing, speed of breathing. After this next level test take place and in this level a test is performed known as methacholine and this test challenge is done if the results of the first is not clear. In this test this is confirmed that asthma is present or not. And after this chest X-Ray is performed
Last edited by admin on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed - URL's in signatures not permitted without permission from talkhealth

icecream21

by icecream21 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Re: Adults with asthma

Hey Everybody,

My name is Dusi. I have been diagnosed with asthma when I was 24. At the beginning I struggled a lot but since I have taking salt therapies my life changed completely. I'm using salt pipes as well. Have a look on the Salt Cave website, I'm sure its gonna help for everybody!
Last edited by talkhealth on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unauthorised URL removed

12 posts