Help Please :( Chronic Pelvic Pain

Please ask our experts your general gynaecology questions here or post specific questions in one of the sub-forums below.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
golfgirlemily

by golfgirlemily on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Help Please :( Chronic Pelvic Pain

Hello, I have ended up here after trying to research for the best gynae doctors on the NHS. I am 23 very soon to be 24 and my life is utter hell because of the gynae issues I have. In brief I have always had very painful and heavy periods since they began when I was 14. At 18 I was finally refered to the gynae department who did blood tests and an ultrasound. It came back I have PCOS and a blood clotting diseas called Von Willerbrands. Shortly after this I discovered I was pregnant, I had an emergency cesarean and since then Everything has gone from bad to worse.i had a really bad uterine infection after my cesarean. I have difficulty passing urine. I have also been diagnosed with Graves' disease which is now under control as I was taking carbimazole for 2 years. I've been in and out of hospital for the last 4 years, one of my stays was due to a pelvic infection which had got that bad it spread into my blood leading to septicemia. I have had 2 laparoscopy operations and each time I've been told the amount if adhesions removed is the most that doctor had seen. The last 2 years has gone from bad to worse, I have begged the gynae doctors here to give me a hysterectomy because I can't cope any longer, every time I've asked I've been told I've got no chance! I am a million percent sure this is what I want and have been for 3 years. My previous 2 smear tests came back abnormal. The past 12 months has seen a dramatic change in my cycle and now I bleed every 2/3 weeks and also get awful pain and sickness around what I think is the time I am ovulating. I am so so SO desperate to see someone who will help me, the gynae department at Wrexham Maelor hospital are some of the most un sympathetic in supportive and dismissive doctors I have ever seen. I am desperate to start studying to become a teacher but there is no way I could the way I am presently. My ill health has already cost me 2 jobs due to the amount of time I have had to take off, I take zapain daily just to be able to look after my son and make it through a days work, however at least 1 week of the month I am in bed and have to rely heavily on family for child care. Apologies for rambling on I am just so mentally and physically exhausted and desperate for some kind of help :(

Dr Sarah Gray

by Dr Sarah Gray on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:48 pm

Re: Help Please :( Chronic Pelvic Pain

You have clearly had a very difficult time. Have you talked to your GP abut referring for a second opinion elsewhere?
Dr Sarah Gray
Primary Care Lead for NHS Cornwall for Women's Health and Cancer

2 posts