irregular bleeding

Please ask our experts your general gynaecology questions here or post specific questions in one of the sub-forums below.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
mistymull

by mistymull on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:37 pm

irregular bleeding

I have had been bleeding for a month and in the last couple of days it has got a lot heavier. I was examined at a walk in centre and the doctor said I have a lumpy uterus and that I should go to my GP for a referral for an ultrasound. My GP would not to the examination to give me the referral as I was on my period by the time I got the appointment. It is now three weeks later and I don't have a GP appointment until next tuesday. Is there a way I can get the ultrasound without waiting a week to see my GP? I am also concerned about the increase in bleeding and cramps in my abdomen. Thank you

Dr Helen Fawcett

by Dr Helen Fawcett on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Re: irregular bleeding

Hi,

You will need to see your GP to get a referral for ultrasound.
Its difficult to know what the bleeding may be due to as I would need more information. How old are you? are you taking any hormone contraception? do you have any other medical problems such as thyroid disorder?
You can take ibuprofen ( as long as you dont have any contraindications such as asthma, or stomach ulcers),
this will slow the bleeding down, and help with the cramps until you can see your GP.
Dr Helen Fawcett
GP with special interest in women's health

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/experts/helen_fawcett.php

2 posts