vaginal repair

Ask our experts all your questions about vaginal issues here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
caz59

by caz59 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:44 pm

vaginal repair

In 2012 I had a vaginal repair as the bowel was bulging and pushing the vagina down into the vaginal entrance. Prior to this I had a colposuspension procedure for a prolapsed bladder around 15 years ago.
In 2010 I had to have a permanent in dwelling catheter as I developed severe urge continence and no amount of exercise ring pessaries helped, the pessaries just came out with any downward pressure eg: opening the bowels. Two years after the vaginal repair I can feel that the bowel has dropped again and on going back to my GP, she has said that gynaecology will not offer me another operation for this problem. Do you agree with this? Do I have to suffer this?
I also find that when my bladder goes into spasm because of the catheter, I get the urge to open my bowels an a lot of pressure in the vagina. I hope someone can come up with some advice for me as I feel I am suffering.
Thank you.
caz59

Dr Sarah Gray

by Dr Sarah Gray on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:47 am

Re: vaginal repair

I do appreciate that you are having a lot of difficulty and just wonder whether one of the newer silicone pessaries might be able to offer some more effective support and make you more comfortable. You might ask to be referred to a consultant who is familiar with these to discuss the possibilities
Dr Sarah Gray
Primary Care Lead for NHS Cornwall for Women's Health and Cancer

2 posts