Questions to ask at appointment

If you have questions about pregnancy, conception and fertility, please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
pinkprincess33

by pinkprincess33 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Questions to ask at appointment

I have an appointment with a new gynechologist and was wondering what will be the best things to bring up initially. We have been trying to conceive for almost 3 years, I had a miscarriage at 6weeks 2 years ago but no success since. My main concern is the changes that have happened to by cycle since the miscarriage. I have spotting for up to 4 days before a period and my periods are generally light lasting only 2-3 days. I have visited a different doctor regarding this and for fertility who suggested a smear test and taking the contraceptive pill. No tests have been recommended. We both take preconception vitamins and try to eat healthily. We know that my partner had low motility/morphology in the last semen analysis taken at the start of 2013 but his doctor did not feel it was a concern as we had managed to conceive during 2012. Any help would be appreciated.

Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG

by Mr. Hugh Byrne, MRCOG on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: Questions to ask at appointment

I think that you should present your history as you have done here and you'll be fine.
Mr Hugh Byrne
Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
St Georges Hospital

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/experts/mr_hugh_byrne.php

2 posts