better asthma treatment for your child?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

5 posts
neplus

by neplus on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:18 am

better asthma treatment for your child?

Hello, everyone!

I am a design student working on a children health project. The goal is to design an better inhaler/nebulizer that makes asthma treatment a better experience for the children. and also more portable and practical for parents who perform the treatment.

Please take around 2-3 minutes to fill out this survey. It is anonymous and your response would greatly help inform my project.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/685188/Asthma-and-Kids

Thank you,

Am

brylle28

by brylle28 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:20 am

Re: better asthma treatment for your child?

Asthma has multiple causes, and it is not uncommon for two or more different causes to be present in one child. Asthma is more than wheezing. Coughing, recurrent bronchitis and shortness of breath, especially when exercising, are also ways that asthma appears.The two most common triggers of asthma in children are colds and allergens. After infancy, allergies become particularly important, and therefore asthmatic children should have an allergy evaluation to help diagnose and manage their asthma. Avoiding the allergens to which your child is allergic may help improve his or her asthma.

pTwila

by pTwila on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:37 am

Unfortunately my son during the whole childhood has asthma and we couldn't anything we wanted because he even couldn't play different games with other. Anyway we treat him with music. And that woks. We bought him a recorder an he started to play it. You know now almost 6 years he plays the recorder and the asthma disturbs him too rare.

Kate99

by Kate99 on Fri May 11, 2012 11:45 am

I have heard about music therapy for various medical conditions but not for asthma. I am pleased this works for him.

adamoariel

by adamoariel on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:05 pm

You may want to try salt therapy, it is a very gentle and natural form of asthma treatment all you need to do is sit in a salt chamber and relax. They have salt cave in SW London, earlsfield and I believe a few other locations, in the kids room there are toys DVD etc. so kids are entertained.

5 posts