Teens With Asthma

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

3 posts
Marcus Leonard

by Marcus Leonard on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:26 pm

Teens With Asthma

I am a final Year student at Bournemouth University studying Product Design and i am looking to redesign and create a range of products to make the existing preventer inhalers more socially acceptable and a product to remind people of there importance i am looking to speak to 11-16 year old's about any problems they have with taking their medicine in public and what they would like to see changed about their inhalers.

Thanks for your time
Marcus

greenchica

by greenchica on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:14 am

Re: Teens With Asthma

im 17 and i don't like taking my inhaler in public. i also don't like to carry it around. having a more compact design that doesn't stick out in your pocket would be nice. something more flat possibly

Marcus Leonard

by Marcus Leonard on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Re: Teens With Asthma

thanks very much for your opinion, I am still looking into a design for new asthma products but have had to steer away from the re-design of the reliever as i would not be able to compete with large existing producers of the inhalers. I am now designing a hub/docking station for preventer inhalers which will remind the user when they need to take their medication through the use of lights and an Iphone and Android app have you been prescribed the preventer?

3 posts