Out of control

If you have any questions about food addiction then please post them for the experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Jenny1

by Jenny1 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Out of control

I have struggled with food all my life and have been overweight since I was five.I went on my first weight loss plan at 24 and lost 7 stone. Kept it off for two years then was very stressed and put it all back on with some more. At 33 I tackled it again and lost nine stone. I had the healthiest diet of my life and had a good level of excercise. Kept if off the past two years. Despite all the hard work I have developed a lot of arthritis which came on when I lost the weight. I have had surgery and it took some time to recover. Then my thyroid became underactive and I put on two stone in two months. At this point I just gave up on my diet and have just been binging since. I can't get enough sugar. I have put on another stone and a half. I am on meds for my thyroid now and getting some energy back and am trying to build up my activity again. I just feel so out of control with my diet. I don't have an appetite for dinner, am bored of eating the same meals. I just load up on the junk food. I'm really feeling it at the moment as my clothes don't fit and that is not good when it is party season. I am also dreading the christmas holidays as I always put on weight then as I can't resist all the food around me and I am away from home then. I am totally disheartened at the moment and hate that I am slipping back into my old ways. What can I do?.

Gary Turner

by Gary Turner on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Re: Out of control

Hi Jenny, nightmare, I feel for you!

Have a look at the posts in the other weight loss threads from me and Jesse that will help for sure - and please, come back afterwards and ask any questions!
Gary Turner
Advisor to British Army School of Physical Training, World Champion Elite Sportsman

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... turner.php

Jenny1

by Jenny1 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: Out of control

There was some very interesting reading in the other posts.I took some time out and some space this weekend to try and think things though.I have had a hugely stressful year and that has led me to eating more. I then get stressed that I have eaten too much and that causes me to eat more and so the vicious circle rolls on.I have made a pact with myself.I know that Christmas is too difficult a time to try to get into a new regime.So I have to accept there is temptation about but I will try to be sensible with my food choices and portions at least.I found a yoga class and went to it yesterday.It is the perfect return to excercise as it was gentle but I got a good stretch and this will help me back to full on movement.I know I will always struggle with food and it is a particularly hard addiction as you can't give it up completely.

3 posts