Undiagnosed skin conditions

If you have questions about skin conditions other than those listed below, please create a new topic in this sub-forum and ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Bradders

by Bradders on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Undiagnosed skin conditions

picture of condition
picture of condition
leg ulcer.jpg (20.63 KiB) Viewed 2892 times
I have a skin condition for the last few years and have been seeing a dermatologist. Initially the GP prescribed long term antibiotics, then cream, then a referral to consultant. Consultant prescribed Dermovate. The diagnosis is pruritis but/as the biopsy showed only negatives.

The gastro consultant thinks it is Pyoderma Gangrenosum but the dermo consultant doesnt. I have divericular disease but thats all they can find on that front.

I have just had 30 sessions of photo therapy iva and it had mostly worked but there was still some not healing, they have turned into ulcers.

juliewho

by juliewho on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:23 am

Re: Undiagnosed skin conditions

if they still think it is pg , there is two groups for pg on facebook and many wonderful people to help. they are closed but just email and you will gain access. pg is difficult to diagnose and is a case of them ruling everthing out first. good luck

Dr Jonathan Bowling

by Dr Jonathan Bowling on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Re: Undiagnosed skin conditions

Hi There,

Without having access to to the results from any blood tests or skin biopsies it is difficult to comment further. However it may be worthwhile considering Bowel Asociated Dermatosis (BADAS - due to a bacterial overgrowth in the bowel) which can be associated with diverticulitis, if it hasn't already been excluded. It may occur without signs of arthritis.

This does not look like pyoderma gangrenosum, not even the superficial variant.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
Dr Jonathan Bowling FRCP
Consultant Dermatologist
Oxford

http://www.mydermatologist.co.uk
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... owling.php

3 posts