Unconventional Cures

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

11 posts
Rodger27

by Rodger27 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:09 am

Unconventional Cures

Hello Everyone,

I've tried all the traditional options to "cure" my eczema and the only result is it taking over my entire body and getting worse. I've tried allergy prevention (food and chemicals) to the extreme. I've done nutritional cleansing, creams, various prescribed protocols...literally everything I can think of doing and have read about to this point...all for nothing, it just keeps getting worse. I'm at the end of my rope so I'm reaching out here for unconventional protocols that have worked for others.

I don't care if you stood outside naked taking a full moon bath, or drank snake venom while spinning in circles in a sacred vortex in the Amazon jungle...if it worked for you I'll try it, so please post any unconventional methods that have created some form of healing...I can't take this shit much longer.

Thank you in advance everyone.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:06 am

Re: Unconventional Cures

Hi! Sorry to hear of your eczema; for my daughter, we find that regularly cleaning the skin with chlorhexidine helps (kill staph bacteria) + wet wrap for parts of the skin which is very dry or which she tends to scratch at night. No 'cure' here but these help to maintain the skin. Take care!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Rodger27

by Rodger27 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:17 pm

Thank you, I have not tried that yet so I will add it to the list. Appreciate your feedback.

Peter283

by Peter283 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Actually my “cure” does involve going around nude and, as a result, I have remained almost free of eczema for ten years. Below is an edited version of a post, I made some time ago:

I am retired ,so unless I need to go out, I will normally go around the house and garden completely in the nude, weather permitting. However in the winter of 2004/5 for the first time in ten years, I wore clothes at home virtually continuously and it was not long before I developed quite severe seborrheoic eczema with the worst areas being my lower legs and elbows, although I did have small areas on my upper thighs and waist. In the past I had noticed that if I wore clothes for more than a couple of days I developed spots on my legs, which would disappear once I went around nude again. In the past on very rare occasions I have had small patches of eczema on my feet and once in my ears, but they clear up almost immediately after treatment, which was often just a dab of Tea Tree lotion for a few days. On this occasion I developed spots around my ankles, which my doctor and I both initially thought were cat flea bites, but leaving them untreated they progressed to full blown eczema: I have since discovered that acne type spots can be a symptom of eczema. I had been prescribed various steroid creams, but all they did was exacerbate the condition. Yeast spores, which thrive in damp and dark conditions, are known to be one cause of eczema and when the skin becomes sensitive clothing acts like an abrasive. Sometimes, I was aware of a strange smell and it was quite a time before I realised that it emanated from me and not our cat: I have learnt that yeast sometimes gives off a peculiar odour. I always sleep nude between cotton sheets and my skin noticeably improved overnight only to deteriorate after I had worn clothes. After strictly following a nude regime and just applying moisturisers such Dermol lotion, my eczema virtually cleared up. My dermatologist said that often the genitals are affected and I had noticed that occasionally I would get a red spot or two and redness under my foreskin, which would quickly disappear if I applied some moisturiser and went around nude.

It is essential to be completely nude as any clothing especially waist-bands touching the body can initiate another patch and it seems to be an “all-over” regime: furthermore even the minimum of clothing causes the body’s thermostat confusion and you can feel chilly. I have resolved not to wear clothes at home unless absolutely necessary: fortunately most of my friends, relations and neighbours accept my lifestyle and in future any visitor will have to express a strong objection in order to make me dress. It is a matter of habit and I think my problem arose in the winter because I had to wear something when it was cold and then remained dressed out of inertia. Also whilst I am quite comfortable being nude from the outset, it seems a bit awkward, if I have to specifically get undressed.

After having a shower, I go around nude until I am completely dry,before I get dressed.if I am damp in the slightest,it will almost certainly trigger a yeast infection,which could lead to full blown eczema. 'if visitors stay overnight,they have toaccept that they will probably see me nude,as it is not negotiable. If Icannot have the "drying period" I will not shower and have to suffice with a quick face wash.

Over the past couple of years, I have intermittent yeast infections, mainly affecting an arm pit, but occasionally in the groin area and these clear up quickly, if I have the opportunity to go around nude.

Apparently in the “skin and bones”, the magazine of the Psoriasis Society, the benefit of going around nude is often discussed.

Doctors are rediscovering that sunlight is essential for our well-being as it produces 90% of our vitamin D requirement. It was well known for a long time that rickets, which was virtually endemic in our towns, was due to the sunlight being filtered out by the smoke laden atmosphere. Now it has been suggested that sensible exposure to the sun may help to prevent many cancers, schizophrenia, osteoporosis and many other conditions.

Rodger27

by Rodger27 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:15 pm

Well, I asked for unconventional cures...guess the heating bill is going up. :) Thanks for your input.

Peter283

by Peter283 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:51 am

I found that my eczema cleared up within about ten days, once I started going around nude.

A few years ago I exchanged messages with somebody in the U.S., whose 12 year old son suffered extremely severe eczema and it was the seventh dermatologist, they consulted, who suggested that their son went around nude. In desperation, they decided to home- educate him ,so that he could spend all his time without clothes and within a short time, their son’s eczema had virtually disappeared.

Dr Le Fanu, the Daily Telegraph’s medical columnist, reported that a reader, who had suffered for years from eczema, chanced on a nude beach, whilst on holiday in Israel and after just a few days enjoying the sea and sun au-naturel, his eczema had disappeared. Dermatologists sometimes recommend a course of UV treatment, but don’t suggest the obvious i.e. gentle exposure to sun and air!

Please let us know how you get on.

janecheng98

by janecheng98 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:49 am

My daughter is 5 years old. She got severe eczema last summer. Her legs and arms were almost fully covered. She could not fall asleep at night because of the itchiness. We tried three dermatologists and all kinds of creams but things were not getting much better. Finally we started to take supplements (high quality supplements with a doctor's support not the ones that you can get from costco or walmart). Slowly we could see improvements. By end of three months, everything under control. By the end of six months, she is 95% back to normal. I understand the difficulties that people have with eczema and feel lucky that we found a cure.
Last edited by admin on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: email address removed

DrRajeshshah

by DrRajeshshah on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:59 am

Hello,

Speaking of unconventional cures, homeopathy is another option that you can try ...
(Not as unconventional as staying without clothes, though!)

As a homeopathic physician, having treated more than 4000 cases of eczema.

The approach to the treatment of Atopic Dermatitis (or eczema) needs a paradigm transformation at root level. Such a disease must be treated from within, by correcting the internal immunological conflict.
Homeopathy is capable of addressing the internal immunological factors, which initiate the disease.
Keep the skin moist by applying oil or moisturizer, bathe less frequently, avoid using soaps and tight cloths, try to reduce mental and physical stress, avoid certain food and allergens which trigger your eczema.

Wishing you a long lasting recovery!

Warm Regards,
Dr Rajesh Shah,
MD (Homeopathy)
Last edited by admin on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Promotion of brands removed - advertising not permitted in our forums

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:45 pm

Thank you for sharing your unconventional cures- it is interesting to read different perspectives and things that have been helpful.

Helen
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

roomtoglow

by roomtoglow on Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:30 am

Hi Roger,

Goodness, I know exactly how you feel. Have tried everything, spent ridiculous amounts of time, money and energy and still no cure. Have you ever connected your eczema to anything in particular? So I get anxiety quite easily (not all the time, just easily stressed i guess), and my friend suggested NLP to me. At the time it was covering my body, face and neck - I couldnt turn my neck as it would just ooze etc.
One session of NLP and it disappeared. NLP delves into the subconcious and figures out what happened at the time the eczema started occuring, or even things that could cause the anxeties. It is SO interesting. I would totally recommend googling it and testing it out if you think it sounds like a go-er. If not, hypno works in a simialr way - getting to the root of the problem.
I REALLY hope this works for you!!!

Kate x

11 posts