Night time scratching terrors

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
marigoldgran

by marigoldgran on Thu May 12, 2016 11:21 pm

Night time scratching terrors

Just discovered something to ease the night time scratching terrors and wish to share, hoping the info would help someone.
My daughter suffered terrible eczema in her youth and this was her problem too. Been there, tried everything, seen the suffering and trusted the doctors who gave her steroids and horrid paraffin based gunk emollients which did nothing. Few years ago I started to study herbal remedies and learnt so much, it is very interesting, and simple everyday garden weeds can perform nigh miracles. I know better now and every returning mini flair up is treated with Chickweed or Calendula tea. (You make a 'tea' from these dried or fresh herbs and let it cool and then dab it like a wash on eczema). My daughter right now has a bout of eye lid eczema which the Chickweed treatment has slowly helped during the day, but in the night time those familiar scratching sessions happen and the eye lids look bad again in the morning. Although, not as bad as the day before and the day before that, as there is improvement every day with the Chickweed, even with these night time terrors. Then, only last week, we discovered Linden tea. It is also called Lime flower tea. It really calms you down and tastes ok. My daughter had a mug of this tea before bed time and slept through without waking to scratch! The next night she did wake up but did not feel a great need to scratch and fell asleep again. Last night, the third night, she slept through again. It is working and the eczema is healing better now when it is left alone. And also, if you get a good night sleep, you are stronger to fight these things.
It looks like we have hit on something really good here. I recommend this, have a mug before bed time and see how it goes.
Lots of love,
Marigoldgran xx

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed May 25, 2016 5:21 pm

Re: Night time scratching terrors

Hi Marigoldgran,

Thanks so much for posting about your find! Sleep is so important when it comes to how we feel about our health in general. Your daughter being able to sleep without horrid disturbances will make a huge difference alone I'm sure.

Please do keep us updated with how these approaches are working out for your family.

Best wishes,

Sally
TalkHealth Community Manager
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

marigoldgran

by marigoldgran on Thu May 26, 2016 10:29 pm

Re: Night time scratching terrors

Hi,
Thanks, yes, we are very excited about this humble little discovery and keep on telling people about it. It has indeed made a big difference to things and my daughter is generally more cheerful and energetic, thanks to the good night sleeps.
Spring time greetings to all,
Marigoldgran xx

3 posts